i know i can’t be the only one who’s skin freaks out during the hot, summer months. my skin feels more textured, and definitely more oily. so in order to attempt at combating the heat, here are some tips & tricks to incorporate into your skin care routine this summer!
- wear sunscreen daily! your skin will thank you in 30 years. applying sunscreen protects your skin from the harsh sunlight, and keeps your skin looking youthful instead of red and irritated.
- cover up when outside! this is not me saying that you need to be in jeans and long-sleeved shirts; instead try light colors, hats & sunglasses (along with sunscreen).
- avoid tanning beds! instead of laying in direct uv rays, try a sunless tanning lotion or spray tans to achieve a golden tan. tanning beds are just as bad, if not worse, than laying in direct sunlight.
- keep your skin moisturized! in order to keep your skin from becoming dry and gross, moisturize daily! you want to keep your skin moist to preserve the integrity of your skin.
- stay hydrated! your skin will look and feel better when you drink lots of water. during the hot summer months, it is especially important that you stay hydrated. your skin will thank you.
the summer months can be extremely harmful to your skin if you do not care for it properly. remember, this is the same skin you’re going to have when your 80, treat it right. i hope you guys enjoy & let me know what tricks work for your skin in the heat! xoxo