too faced launched their new highlighters in march of this year & to say everyone freaked out would be an understatement. they came out with 3 different shades – you light up my life, blinded by the light, and ray of light. they are retailed at $30 each & claim to be “prismatic.”
| pros |
- the packaging is super cute, i love the heart shape & metallic outside
- they are a very pretty, more natural looking, highlight
- easily blended once applied
- works well for different skin tones
- smooth texture on the skin
| cons |
- claims to have “mesmerizing metallic shine” however once applied it was definitely a more subtle highlight
- you have to try really hard to build up the brightness of the product
- the more you blend, the more the product seems to disappear
- gives off more of a sheen to the skin than an intense highlight as it was advertised
overall, for the price & the product you get – i wouldn’t recommend purchasing unless a light, subtle highlight is what you’re looking for. i bought these for my freelance makeup kit & they work well for clients but i would not pick this up for everyday use.
have you tried these? if so, leave a comment and let me know what your thoughts on the product are!